3rd Educa-Mozambique International Conference and Exhibition
NSTC PARTICIPATES IN THE 3rd EDITION OF THE EDUCA – MOZAMBIQUE EXHIBITION
The NSTC in its fulfiment of one of its specific functions of establishing and maintaining relationships with corresponding scientific organisations in other countries participated in the 3rd edition of the Educa Mozambique Exhibition that took place in Maputo Mozambique from 3rd – 5th May, 2018.
The Educa – Mozambique brings together policy – makers , students, teachers ,entrepreneurs,parents and ceragivers to exchange experiences and networking. The first edition of Educa Mozambique took place in 2015 in UEM, under the theme “Educar Mocambique” which attracted 200 delegates at the conference, 120 exhibitors and about 30,000 visitors. The second Edition was in 2017, under the theme “Empowering young people through Science, Technology, Mathematics and Engineering as a basis for sustainable development”, at the Joachim Chisssano International Conference Centre with 250 delegates, 150 exhibitors and 50,000 visitors.
The objectives of the 3rd Edition of EDUCA were:
- Disseminate the results of ongoing or completed research carried out in different areas of knowledge and their contribution to the development of Education
- To stimulate the systematic reflection of educational problems in the world
- To promote an environment of debate and exposition of the results of research and innovation developed in the world
- Promote interaction between the business sector, society in general and the academic community, through its research and innovation products
- To place the students in an environment of academic reflection
The following were the expected results:
- Establishment of an inter – institutional dialogue mechanism for debate presentation of research and innovation results
- Politicians, decision – makers, researchers, producers and the general public are informed about the results, impacts and challenges of education in the world
- Recommendations for policies and strategies needed to address the challenges of education
- Promotion of scientific and technological production
Benefits of NSTC’s Participation
The Educa – Mozambique enabled NSTC create strong partnerships with local, regional and international institutions which are willing to work with the Council on scientific issues of mutual interest.